Breakfast: Cha-Cha Chia Pudding
(Serving size: 1)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (try almond, cashew, or coconut milk)
- Optional add-ins and toppers:
- 1 cup fruit
- 1-2 tbsp nut butter/ nuts/ seeds
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey
- vanilla essence
- Mix together the chia seeds, non-dairy milk, and optional sweetener and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour until a gel forms. You can make your chia seed pudding thicker by reducing the liquid or adding more liquid to make it thinner.
- Mix in your add-ins and top with your favorite superfoods. Enjoy!
Serving size: 1, Calories: 300 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 44g Sugar: 17g Sodium: 157mg Fiber: 14g Protein: 7g Potassium: 728mg
Snack: 3 cups air-popped popcorn + 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
Serving size: 1, Calories: 197 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 22g Sugar: 0g Sodium: 104mg Fiber: 5.5g Protein: 6g Potassium: 162mg
Lunch: Caprese Salad with White Beans and Balsamic Drizzle
- 3 oz fresh mozerella cheese 1 large salad tomato, sliced Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh arugula (optional) Sea salt
- Dried oregano
- Layer all ingredients into a salad.
- Top with ½ cup white beans (from can, rinsed well), Balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Serving size: 1, Calories: 372 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 8g Carbohydrates: 39g Sugar: 9g Sodium: 380mg Fiber: 7.5g Protein: 23.5g Potassium: 981mg
Dinner: Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil, divided
- 1 pack non-GMO firm tofu, cubed**
- sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons San J Tamari
- Remove tofu for package, pat dry and cut into cubes. Season the tofu with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat and add the seasoned tofu.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer tofu to a plate.
- Combine 1 teaspoon sesame oil with eggs in a bowl then whisk to combine and set aside. Chop cauliflower head into big chunks then send through a food processor fitted with the grating attachment. Alternatively you could grate the cauliflower on a box grater. Measure out 4 cups grated cauliflower then save the rest for another use.
- Heat remaining 1 Tablespoon sesame oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add cauliflower, green onions, and frozen mixed vegetables then stir fry until cauliflower is just beginning to turn tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper, and then continue to stir fry until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds or so.
- Push mixture to the sides of the wok to create an opening in the center then add the eggs and scramble. Toss mixture (with tofu) to combine then drizzle in gluten-free Tamari and mix again to combine. Serve hot.
Serving size: 1, Calories: 275 Fat: 17.5g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 3g Sodium: 856mg Fiber: 6g Protein: 19g Potassium: 700mg
Shannon Boorman is a nutritionist based in Kingston, Jamaica. You can find her at @feedyourbodhi on Instagram