Breakfast: Jazzed Up Avocado Toast
(Serving size: 1)
- 1 slice Ezekiel bread (OR 1 slice whole grain, sourdough bread or sweet potato round), +
- ¼ avocado; mashed + salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes Lemon/lime squeeze
- ½ grapefruit (on the side)
- Spread the seasoned avocado on toast and enjoy!
Serving size: 1, Calories: 310 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 31g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 100mg Fiber: 7g Protein: 12g Potassium: 742mg
Snack: 1 individual snack pack roasted almonds (Sunshine Snacks) (1.3oz pack)
Serving size: 1, Calories: 220 Fat: 19g Saturated fat: 1.5g Carbohydrates: 8g Sugar: 1.5g Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 8g Potassium: 1000mg
Lunch: Stir It Up Quinoa Bowl
- 2 cups kale/romaine/spinach
- 1 cup COOKED quinoa (cook in vegetable stock or with some coconut milk for added flavour!)
- Chopped peppers; any color (1 whole)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds 1 slice of avocado
- Lemon juice, squeeze, ½ lemon Apple cider vinegar, to taste Herbs of choice; (recommend: parsely and basil for ANTI-VIRAL properties)
- Combine all veggies, quinoa, and protein in a bowl. Mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and herbs. Don’t forget to sprinkle your herbs when done!
Serving size: 1, Calories: 434 Fat: 24g Saturated fat: 3.5g Carbohydrates: 41g Sugar: 5.5g Sodium: 100mg Fiber: 12.5g Protein: 21g Potassium: 1345mg
Dinner: Roasted pumpkin and hemp seed soup with Kale Chips
- 2 cups of pumpkin, cubed
- ¼ cup hempseeds
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- Low sodium vegetable stock
- Cut ¼ of a pumpkin into cubes (approximately 2 cups cubed).
- Roast pumpkin cubes in oven; 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until lightly browned with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Blend in food processor with a clove of garlic (optional).
- Add into large saucepan with enough low sodium vegetable stock to cover mixture. Heat to a soup-like consistency;
- Add ¼ cup hempseeds.
- Serve with crispy kale (tear kale into pieces and massage with olive oil and sea salt; bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes in oven).
Serving size: 1, Calories: 406 Fat: 30g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 550mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 15g Potassium: 1300mg
Shannon Boorman is a nutritionist based in Kingston, Jamaica. You can find her at @feedyourbodhi on Instagram