| Main ingredient: Cauliflower. |
I relish dusting mild-tasting veggies with a copious amount of sumac for brightness. Elevate your bland cauliflower into a zesty spiced side dish.
- 1 kg cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsps roughly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp capers in salt, rinsed off
- 1 tbsp sumac
- Steam cauliflower until bite tender and cool down.
- In a bowl add chopped parsley, capers and cooled cauliflower.
- Whisk garlic, lemon juice and olive oil together and pour over cauliflower, season to taste with salt and pepper and chill for at least an hour for flavours to meld.
- When ready to eat garnish with sumac, toss to coat and serve.
JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes
A market’s fresh produce is the primary source of inspiration for many cooks worldwide. Outside of supporting small farmers, produce tends to be fresher and more affordable. Perfect for those of us who are watching our wallets these days. Budget ingredients often transform into elegant and beautiful dishes. Beyond our fantastic traditional cuisine, JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes give a fresh look at Caribbean produce and stimulate ideas of other possibilities for the bounty we have been blessed with.