| Main ingredient: Zucchini (Courgette). Contains dairy. |
Zucchini is always in heavy rotation in my kitchen. I constantly seek ways to do it differently so inertia does not set in. Had a glut once and was down to the last few to pair with fish fillets. My recipe worked out perfectly.
- 500g zucchini, cut into wedges
- 50g salted butter, melted
- ½ lemon, deseeded
- Roast cashews, handful
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Dill for garnish
- Add about 15g of melted butter to a stovetop griddle and grill the zucchini for a couple minutes on each side until beginning to caramelise.
- Lay vegetables on a platter and squeeze over with half a lemon’s juice, drizzle over the remaining butter, scatter the cashews and season with a little black pepper.
- Garnish with dill.
JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes
A market’s fresh produce is the primary source of inspiration for many cooks worldwide. Outside of supporting small farmers, produce tends to be fresher and more affordable. Perfect for those of us who are watching our wallets these days. Budget ingredients often transform into elegant and beautiful dishes. Beyond our fantastic traditional cuisine, JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes give a fresh look at Caribbean produce and stimulate ideas of other possibilities for the bounty we have been blessed with.