| Main ingredient: Passionfruit. |
I am obsessive about passionfruit and forever excited when they come into season. Enjoy experimenting with them in both sweet and savoury dishes. This no-bake sweet treat is perfect during the hot months. One day I never had enough biscuits for my base and used some almonds to make up the difference. Have not looked back since.
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 50g roast almonds
- 150g unsalted butter
- 500g plain cream cheese
- 400g condensed milk
- 50ml lime juice
- 175g passionfruit pulp
- Prepare a rectangular baking pan by greasing and lining with parchment paper. I used an 11 x 7 inch pan.
- Blitz the biscuits and almonds until fine in a food processor, then add the butter and process until combined.
- Press the biscuit mixture all over the base of the pan. Set aside.
- In a mixer add cream cheese, condensed milk, lime juice and ¾ of the passionfruit pulp and mix until combined.
- Layer the passionfruit cream mixture all over the biscuit base and smooth surface with a spatula.
- Scatter the remaining pulp all over the top and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or chill overnight.
- When ready to serve, divide into 12 squares.
JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes
A market’s fresh produce is the primary source of inspiration for many cooks worldwide. Outside of supporting small farmers, produce tends to be fresher and more affordable. Perfect for those of us who are watching our wallets these days. Budget ingredients often transform into elegant and beautiful dishes. Beyond our fantastic traditional cuisine, JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes give a fresh look at Caribbean produce and stimulate ideas of other possibilities for the bounty we have been blessed with.