| Main ingredient: Paw Paw (Papaya). Contains dairy. |
This is where my British and Jamaican heritage collide. Fruit paired with cream is always a winner. I have lightened the calorie load by reducing the normal amount of cream with half yogurt.
- 400g ripe paw paws (papaya)
- Zest and juice of 1 large lime
- 100ml heavy cream
- 100ml Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp icing sugar (confectioner’s sugar for my American friends) English ginger biscuits to serve
- In a food processor, puree papaya, lime zest and juice.
- Whip cream, icing sugar and yogurt together until soft peaks form by hand or in a mixer
- Add half of the puree and stir through the mixture.
- Place a spoon papaya puree in the bottom of 4 glasses, top with cream mixture and spoon the rest of the puree on top
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving and serve with biscuits.
JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes
A market’s fresh produce is the primary source of inspiration for many cooks worldwide. Outside of supporting small farmers, produce tends to be fresher and more affordable. Perfect for those of us who are watching our wallets these days. Budget ingredients often transform into elegant and beautiful dishes. Beyond our fantastic traditional cuisine, JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes give a fresh look at Caribbean produce and stimulate ideas of other possibilities for the bounty we have been blessed with.