| Main ingredient: Cabbage. Contains dairy. |
Cabbages are such an underrated but essential vegetable. Love to roast both white and red varieties until the edges caramelise. The accompanying sauce is also lovely on other roasted vegetables and to dress salads.
- 1 large cabbage
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 200g plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 medium scotch bonnet, seeds removed
- Pinch of salt & black pepper to taste
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 50g walnuts, roughly crushed for garnish (optional)
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F. Slice cabbage into 8 thick wedges, brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast cabbage for 10 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Add sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- Place wedges on a platter, drizzle each piece with sauce. This is fine as is, but if you want to take it up a notch at a dinner party as I have previously done, sprinkle walnuts on top and scatter some herbs for a fancier presentation.
JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes
A market’s fresh produce is the primary source of inspiration for many cooks worldwide. Outside of supporting small farmers, produce tends to be fresher and more affordable. Perfect for those of us who are watching our wallets these days. Budget ingredients often transform into elegant and beautiful dishes. Beyond our fantastic traditional cuisine, JuicyChef’s Caribbean Harvest Recipes give a fresh look at Caribbean produce and stimulate ideas of other possibilities for the bounty we have been blessed with.