Recipe made by Danish cookbook author Johanne Mosgaard for Meatless Monday Denmark – follow @Englerod on Instagram for more vegan food inspiration.
Feta made of Tofu = Tofeta? Tofu Feta? Mashed tofu? Call it whatever you want but use it just like you would use feta cheese. For instance, on this delicious Mediterranean salad with fresh vegetables. You can spice up your Tofeta just like you want to and give it a cheesy flavour by adding nutritional yeast (Nooch). Serve this delicious salad with vegan tzatziki, grilled polenta and grilled veggie skewers.
- 250 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red onion
- a handful of fresh parsley
- a handful of black or kalamata olives
- 240 g boiled chickpeas
- Slice cherry tomatoes into halves and cut red bell peppers into small chunks.
- Before slicing the cucumber, take a fork and run its tines up and down lengthwise. Cut the cucumber into halves lengthwise and cut both halves into thin slices.
- Finely chop the red onion and parsley and cut olives into halves.
- Mix together all the ingredients and serve with tofeta.
- 250 g firm tofu
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- ½-1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Drain tofu and mash it with your fingers or a fork. It is important that you use a firm tofu and not silken tofu.
- Add nutritional yeast, salt, dill and onion powder.
- Mix together with your fingers or a fork.
- Let the Tofeta rest in the fridge before serving.
- Serve cold on salads.
- Store in fridge in a sealed container.