Contributed by the Fry Family for Meat Free Monday South Africa
Try this heart-healthy raw broccoli superfood salad with our delicious Chicken-Style Nuggets! Heart-healthy food has never tasted this good!
Servings: 4–6 people
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 box Fry’s Chicken-Style Nuggets (or use Fry’s Rice Protein & Chia Chicken-Style Nuggets)
- 1 head broccoli
- 4 tbsp mixed seeds, lightly toasted
- ½ cup goji berries, cranberries and raisin mix
- 1 punnet mini plum tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1 apple, cored and finely chopped
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
For the Vegan Mayonnaise Dressing
- 1-2 tbsp cooked chickpeas
- 2 ½ tsp white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 heaped tsp mustard
- 1 tsp xylitol
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup oil mix (grapeseed oil, avocado oil and olive oil)
- Add half an avocado if serving all the mayonnaise within an hour or two.
- Cook the Nuggets in the oven according to pack instructions. The Nuggets should be golden and crispy. Slice the Nuggets in half.
- Remove the tough stalk at the end of the broccoli and wash broccoli head thoroughly. Cut into tiny bite-size pieces.
- Place in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, including the Nuggets and mix together.
- To make homemade vegan mayonnaise, add the chickpeas, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, xylitol and seasoning into the jug of a hand held blender. Add the avocado, if using. Blitz until thick and creamy.
- With the head of the blender still in the jug, start pouring the oil in while lifting it up and down until the oil emulsifies with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add the mayonnaise to the salad bowl and mix through.