Warming and enjoyable to sip and savour on chilly or wet evenings, the timeless combination of bourbon with apple never fails. Makes 2 servings.
- 120 ml bourbon (I used Bulleit)
- 240 ml apple juice
- 30 ml orange liqueur
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 1 large lime, juiced
- Dehydrated apple slices
- Piece of Grenadian cinnamon (or regular cinnamon sticks)
- Add bourbon, apple juice, orange liqueur, orange bitters and lime juice to a shaker with ice.
- Shake briskly and strain evenly between 2 glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks (alternatively dust with a little cinnamon powder)
Jacqui ‘JuicyChef’ Sinclair, founder of Nyam & Trod, is a British Jamaican award-winning chef, writer, and food culturist. She is a co-founder of Kingston Kitchen, an annual food event supporting food artisans. Jacqui has been an advocate of the Meatless Monday Global movement in Jamaica since 2011. Jacqui’s work has been featured in such publications as the Huffington Post, the Jamaica Observer, Saveur, The Jewish Post and numerous blogs. She has appeared on the Travel Channel’s ‘Bizarre Foods’ with Andrew Zimmern and Food & Wine’s Jamaica episode with Kwame Onwuachi.