Recipe sponsored by Loshusan Supermarket. Visit their website to shop for the ingredients.
We all crave an indulgent treat from time to time. I have a fondness for Italian panna cottas, a creamy dessert that is similar to a mousse, but egg-free. Our famous Blue Mountain coffee makes a lovely flavour infusion for an afternoon pick me up sweet treat with a nibble of local chocolate for a feel-good rush.
- 3 sachets of powdered gelatine
- Cold water
- 200ml cold Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
- 200ml milk
- 600ml heavy cream
- 100g white sugar
- 150g brown sugar
- 150ml cold Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
- 2 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 6 squares 70% dark Jamaican chocolate, garnish
- In a small bowl, add the 3 sachets of powdered gelatine and top with enough cold water to dissolve.
- In a large saucepan add coffee, milk, cream and white sugar and gently heat until the sugar melts. Transfer to a bowl to cool down.
- Remove a little of the warmed cream mixture and add to the gelatine and mix until the gelatine is completely dissolved. Strain this liquid back to the cream mixture and mix well.
- Divide the mixture equally between 6 glasses or ramekins and chill until set for a few hours or overnight.
- Before serving, make the syrup by combining the coffee and sugar and bringing to a boil and reducing by half. Remove from heat and cool down. Stir in the coffee liqueur when at room temperature.
- To serve, pour syrup equally over each chilled panna cotta and top with a square of chocolate. Enjoy!