Paid partnership with Loshusan Supermarket
‘Pomegranate and cranberry are winter fruits synonymous with the holiday season. As much as everyone loves sorrel in the Caribbean, sometimes one craves an alternative festive tipple to serve for a crowd. This recipe is pretty straightforward which is key when frazzled by holiday preparations. Anything bubbly makes everyone happy. You can do a nonalcoholic version of this by replacing the prosecco with club soda and orange juice to replace the triple sec.’ – JuicyChef xo
- 325ml/ 1 ½ cups pomegranate juice
- 325ml/ 1 ½ cups white cranberry juice
- 125ml/ ½ cup Cointreau (or an alternative triple sec)
- 2 bottles chilled prosecco
- Frozen cranberries, divided
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- In a punch bowl, add pomegranate, cranberry juices, orange liqueur and a few of the frozen cranberries and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, add a rosemary sprig and a few frozen cranberries.
- Pour chilled bottles of prosecco into punch bowl and divide amongst the glasses.
Jacqui ‘JuicyChef’ Sinclair, founder of Nyam & Trod, is a British Jamaican award-winning chef, writer, and food culturist. She is a co-founder of Kingston Kitchen, an annual food event supporting food artisans. Jacqui has been an advocate of the Meatless Monday Global movement in Jamaica since 2011. Jacqui’s work has been featured in such publications as the Huffington Post, the Jamaica Observer, Saveur, The Jewish Post and numerous blogs. She has appeared on the Travel Channel’s ‘Bizarre Foods’ with Andrew Zimmern and Food & Wine’s Jamaica episode with Kwame Onwuachi.